From Mother’s Day to happenings at the Volunteer Park Conservatory, there’s a fun handful of Madison Park events and activities near the neighborhood in May! Check out our list:
- May 4 – Free First Saturday at the Seattle Asian Art Museum: The Seattle Asian Art Museum offers free admission to families on the first Saturday of every month. (The first Thursday of the month is free for everyone, and first Fridays of the month for seniors). The museum is open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- May 9 – Botanical Exotica Evening Exhibition: View a ‘Monumental Collection of the Rare and Beautiful’ from Master Glass artist Jason Gamrath. This exhibition takes place at the Volunteer Park Conservatory, from 5 – 8 p.m., and will be free admission. Visit the Volunteer Park Conservatory website for more information.
- May 11 & 12 – Spring Plant Sale with Friends of the Conservatory: Join other community members and neighbors in front of the Volunteer Park Conservatory on May 11th and 12th from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. noon to see the conservatory’s selection of indoor and outdoor plants for sale. Just in time for Mother’s Day. Also, on May 12th, you can make a Tussie Mussie bouquet for mom from noon to 3 p.m. ($5 suggested donation).
- May 12 – Mother’s Day Brunch at Café Flora: Our local vegetarian/vegan eatery, Café Flora is hosting a special Mother’s Day brunch on Sunday, May 12th. Start with a Citrus Napoleon and fresh baked pastries, then choose from Duck Egg and Root Vegetable Latke Benedict, Strawberry Tiramisu French Toast, or Wild Mushroom Spring Sopes. For dessert, you can enjoy a Theo Trio, Wonderwoman Trifle, or Mango Sorbet. Check out the full menu on their website. Brunch will be served between 9 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. and is $30 for adults and $15 for children. Reserve your table by calling 206-325-9100.
- May 12 – Mother’s Day Brunch at Luc: Another Madison Valley restaurant, Luc, is doing a Mother’s Day Brunch. Their three-course prix-fixe menu is $35 per person, and will be served between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. The menu features some more afternoon items, so you could have brunch at Café Flora, then head to Luc for a late lunch! Call 206-328-6645 to make a reservation.
- May 15 – Monthly Merchants Association Meeting: The Merchants Association meeting for May will take place on May 15th at 8:30 a.m. at Café Flora. Business owners and associates, as well as community members, and anyone else in the Madison Valley neighborhood are welcome to attend.
- May 15 – Monthly Madison Valley Community Council Meeting: Residents, merchants, and anyone with an interest in Madison Valley are encouraged to participate in the monthly Madison Valley Community Council Meeting coming up on May 15th. The meeting will be held at The Valley School at 7 p.m.
Featured photo from Chow.com.