Get ready to taste and have fun this March in Madison Park and Madison Valley! The following events are certain to delight.
Throughout March: Workshops at City People’s Garden Store
Various Dates | City People’s Garden Store
Each month, the City People’s Garden Store offers a variety of workshops. In March, the workshops offered are as follows:
- How to Get Started in your First Garden, March 3rd
- Into to Wild Edible ID and Local Foraging, March 4th
- Planting for the Small Garden, March 10th
- Happy Hour Garden, March 17th
- Four Season Container Display, March 18th
- Starting an Urban Cutting Garden, March 24th
- Wild Edibles in the Kitchen, March 25th
- Seattle Vegetable Gardening, March 31st
Throughout March: Wine Tastings
Varying Times | Madrona Wine Merchants
Madrona Wine Merchants offers wine tastings throughout March for interested or curious wine-o’s!
- March 3rd, Ca del Baio Piedmont, 2-4pm
- March 4th, Spanish Sunday Sippers, 11-5pm
- March 10th, Woodward Canyon, 2-4pm
- March 11th, French Sunday Sippers, 11-5pm
- March 11th, Eric Brown Artist Reception, 3-5pm
- March 17th, Alcesti, Sicily, 2-4pm
- March 18th, South American Sunday Sippers, 11-5pm
- March 24th, TBD, 2-4pm
- March 25th, Sunday Sippers, 11-5pm
- March 31st, TBD, 2-4pm
March 1: First Thursday Tram Tour
11am — 12pm | Washington Park Arboretum
The Washington Park Arboretum’s 13-passenger tram offers monthly tours of the expansive nature park. Riders and participants on the first Thursday tour each month will learn about highlights of the season, new plantings, history of the Arboretum and more as they travel from the Graham Visitors Center to the Pacific Connections Garden. This is an open-air tour that operates year-round, rain or shine. Register here.
March 12: Rover’s Winter Pop Up IX
6:30pm | Luc
Enjoy an evening of fine dining with much-loved Chef Thierry Rautureau and the Luc team for a Rover’s Pop Up! On March 12th, the evening will feature a multi-course dinner and wine pairing. Tickets are $350/person (includes tasting menu, wine pairings, tax and gratuity). Reserve your seats soon, as these events tend to book up quickly.
March 18: St. Patrick’s Day Sunday Supper
6pm | Volunteer Park Cafe
Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day at the Volunteer Park Cafe with a special dinner from Chef Ericka Burke. Dishes include a beer cheese spread and soda bread, corned beef with colcannon, creamed cabbage, honey glazed carrots, and an Irish apple cake for dessert. The cost is $45/person, and reservations are required.
March 22: Faustino Wine Dinner
6:30pm | The Harvest Vine
The Harvest Vine is hosting Maria Stevens from Bodega Faustino for a wine dinner on March 22nd. There will be five courses and wine pairings, with special food delights from Chef Joey Serquinia to feature Faustino’s wonderful wines. Tickets are $125/person and include dinner, wine pairings, tax and gratuity.