Madison Park Events: Things to Do in December
Happy December! Check out some of the happenings and Madison Park events going on through the next month…
Throughout December: Wine Tastings
Varying Times | Madrona Wine Merchants
Madrona Wine Merchants offers wine tastings throughout December for interested or curious wine-o’s!
- Tuscany wine Tasting, December 2nd from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Sunday Sippers, December 3rd from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Limited Paid Tasting of Borolo wines, December 3rd from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- French wines, December 9th from 2 – 4 p.m.
- Sunday Sippers, December 10th from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Limited Paid Tasting of Champagne, December 10th from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Bubbles! December 16th from 2 – 4 p.m.
- Limited Paid Tasting of older Bordeaux, December 17th from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
December 7: First Thursday Tram Tour
11am — 12pm | Washington Park Arboretum
The Washington Park Arboretum’s 13-passenger tram offers monthly tours of the expansive nature park. Riders and participants on the first Thursday tour each month will learn about highlights of the season, new plantings, history of the Arboretum and more as they travel from the Graham Visitors Center to the Pacific Connections Garden. This is an open-air tour that operates year-round, rain or shine. Register here.
December 10 & 11: Joyful! Noise Christmas Concert
3pm Sunday and 7:30pm Monday | Seattle First Baptist Church
Enjoy the holidays through the magic of a child’s perspective at Joyful! Noise, a Christmas concert at the Seattle First Baptist Church. There will be a 40-voice choir, 4-piece band and plenty of holiday cheer. Admission is free for children under 12, $20 for adults, and $15 for seniors and youths ages 12-21. Group pricing is $10/person for groups of 10 or more.
December 19: Christmas Ships and Santa
6pm — 8:30pm | Madison Park Beach
The Madison Park Community Council’s annual Christmas Ships & Holiday Celebration is coming up on December 19th! There will be a bonfire, Santa, music and refreshments, followed by the arrival of the Christmas Ships at 8:45 p.m. Take selfies with Santa from 6 – 8:30 p.m. This is a free, family friendly event.