There are some fun events happening around Madison Park and Madison Valley this month. Take a look…
Throughout October: Workshops at City People’s Garden Store
Various Dates | City People’s Garden Store
Each month, the City People’s Garden Store offers a variety of workshops. In October, the workshops offered are as follows:
- Planting for Fall Color & Texture, October 7th
- Fall Flower Arrangements & Wreaths, October 14th
- Putting the Garden to Bed, October 28th
Throughout October: Wine Tastings
Varying Times | Madrona Wine Merchants
Madrona Wine Merchants offers wine tastings throughout October for interested or curious wine-o’s!
- Sunday Sippers: Marchesi Fumanelli Wine Tasting, October 1st from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- TBD Tasting, October 7th from 2 – 4 p.m.
- Sunday Sippers, October 8th from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- TBD Tasting, October 14th from 2 – 4 p.m.
- Sunday Sippers, October 15th from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- TBD Tasting, October 21st from 2 – 4 p.m.
- Sunday Sippers, October 22nd from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- TBD Tasting, October 28th from 2 – 4 p.m.
- Sunday Sippers, October 29th from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
October 5: First Thursday Tram Tour
11am — 12pm | Washington Park Arboretum
The Washington Park Arboretum’s 13-passenger tram offers monthly tours of the expansive nature park. Riders and participants on the first Thursday tour each month will learn about highlights of the season, new plantings, history of the Arboretum and more as they travel from the Graham Visitors Center to the Pacific Connections Garden. This is an open-air tour that operates year-round, rain or shine. Register here.
October 5-15: Maple Viewing Festival
10am — 5pm | Seattle Japanese Garden
It’s that time of year when all of the gorgeous maple trees in the Seattle Japanese Garden are changing color! The Maple Viewing Festival runs October 5th through 15th, with live performances, cultural activities, craft-making, a maple tree scavenger hunt, and more. Free with admission to the garden.
October 19: Classical Wines Dinner
6pm — 9pm | Harvest Vine
Taste some of the most classic wines with Marshall Jorgensen at Harvest Vine’s Classical Wines Dinner. Chef Joey Serquinia has prepared a delightful menu of four courses to pair with the wines. Click here to view the full menu. Tickets are $115/person, all-inclusive.